IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education - Grades 9 & 10)
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) has been designed for 14–16 year olds. Students who obtain an IGCSE qualification from Cambridge are prepared for further academic success, including progression to IB Diploma, and will be equipped with the skills needed for success at university. Cambridge IGCSE is recognised as evidence of ability by academic institutions and employers around the world.
Cambridge IGCSE provides a broad study programme across a wide range of subject areas. Within the curriculum there is a balanced mix of practical experience and theoretical knowledge.
The Cambridge IGCSE is an internationally based curriculum, allowing teaching to be placed in a localised context, making it relevant in different regions.
DYPIS offers the following subjects as part of the IGCSE Program:-
1. Group 1 (Languages) – English, Hindi, French
2. Group 2 (Humanities and Social Sciences) - English 3. Literature, Economics
4. Group 3 (Sciences) - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Management
5. Group 4 (Maths) - Mathematics
6. Group 5 (Creative, Technical and Vocational) – Business Studies, Information and Communication Technology
All the above subjects shall be offered only at extended curriculum levels. A student shall be required to do a minimum of 7 papers from the above subject groups at DYPIS. The student can select two languages from Group 1, 1 subject each from Group 2 to 5 and the 7th subject from Group 3 or 5.